Alexa Ray Joel Diagnosed With Vasovagal Syncope After Collapsing Onstage
Alexa Ray Joel speaks out after collapsing onstage during a Saturday, April 12 concert in New York City. The daughter of Billy Joel reveals that she has vasovagal syncope, which commonly causes fainting.
Joel was rushed from Cafe Carlyle to the emergency room at New York Presbyterian. Earlier that day, she told her audience that she was not feeling well, having neck and back pain, but wanted the show to go on. Vasovagal syncope is usually harmless and requires no treatment.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to support me," she said in a statement. "I was excited and determined to fulfill my final performance, and I really wanted to end my run with a bang, but this was not what I had in mind. And hope I have the opportunity to make it up to the wonderful audience very soon. Thanks for all the concern."
Joel has been taking a two-week residency at Carlyle since April 1. The day she fainted, she had a sold-out crowd.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince