Alexa Ray Joel Diagnosed With Vasovagal Syncope After Collapsing Onstage
Alexa Ray Joel speaks out after collapsing onstage during a Saturday, April 12 concert in New York City. The daughter of Billy Joel reveals that she has vasovagal syncope, which commonly causes fainting.
Joel was rushed from Cafe Carlyle to the emergency room at New York Presbyterian. Earlier that day, she told her audience that she was not feeling well, having neck and back pain, but wanted the show to go on. Vasovagal syncope is usually harmless and requires no treatment.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to support me," she said in a statement. "I was excited and determined to fulfill my final performance, and I really wanted to end my run with a bang, but this was not what I had in mind. And hope I have the opportunity to make it up to the wonderful audience very soon. Thanks for all the concern."
Joel has been taking a two-week residency at Carlyle since April 1. The day she fainted, she had a sold-out crowd.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler