Alexa Ray Joel Diagnosed With Vasovagal Syncope After Collapsing Onstage
Alexa Ray Joel speaks out after collapsing onstage during a Saturday, April 12 concert in New York City. The daughter of Billy Joel reveals that she has vasovagal syncope, which commonly causes fainting.
Joel was rushed from Cafe Carlyle to the emergency room at New York Presbyterian. Earlier that day, she told her audience that she was not feeling well, having neck and back pain, but wanted the show to go on. Vasovagal syncope is usually harmless and requires no treatment.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to support me," she said in a statement. "I was excited and determined to fulfill my final performance, and I really wanted to end my run with a bang, but this was not what I had in mind. And hope I have the opportunity to make it up to the wonderful audience very soon. Thanks for all the concern."
Joel has been taking a two-week residency at Carlyle since April 1. The day she fainted, she had a sold-out crowd.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck