Alexa Ray Joel Diagnosed With Vasovagal Syncope After Collapsing Onstage
Alexa Ray Joel speaks out after collapsing onstage during a Saturday, April 12 concert in New York City. The daughter of Billy Joel reveals that she has vasovagal syncope, which commonly causes fainting.
Joel was rushed from Cafe Carlyle to the emergency room at New York Presbyterian. Earlier that day, she told her audience that she was not feeling well, having neck and back pain, but wanted the show to go on. Vasovagal syncope is usually harmless and requires no treatment.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to support me," she said in a statement. "I was excited and determined to fulfill my final performance, and I really wanted to end my run with a bang, but this was not what I had in mind. And hope I have the opportunity to make it up to the wonderful audience very soon. Thanks for all the concern."
Joel has been taking a two-week residency at Carlyle since April 1. The day she fainted, she had a sold-out crowd.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch