'The Fault in Our Stars' Clip Explains Cigarette as Metaphor
New footage from "The Fault in Our Stars" was unleashed in a form of a new clip. Coming out during the pre-show of MTV Movie Awards, the video features Shailene Woodley's Hazel having a chat with Ansel Elgort's Gus. Things quickly go downhill when he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth.
"Really?" the irritated girl scolds him. "You just ruined this whole thing." But he then explains, "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them. You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor."
Directed by Josh Boone, the story is based on John Green's bestselling novel of the same title. It follows Hazel, a cancer patient, who falls in love with a guy she met at a support group. Due in the U.S. on June 6, it is supported by Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe among others.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth