'The Fault in Our Stars' Clip Explains Cigarette as Metaphor
New footage from "The Fault in Our Stars" was unleashed in a form of a new clip. Coming out during the pre-show of MTV Movie Awards, the video features Shailene Woodley's Hazel having a chat with Ansel Elgort's Gus. Things quickly go downhill when he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth.
"Really?" the irritated girl scolds him. "You just ruined this whole thing." But he then explains, "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them. You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor."
Directed by Josh Boone, the story is based on John Green's bestselling novel of the same title. It follows Hazel, a cancer patient, who falls in love with a guy she met at a support group. Due in the U.S. on June 6, it is supported by Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe among others.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season