'The Fault in Our Stars' Clip Explains Cigarette as Metaphor
New footage from "The Fault in Our Stars" was unleashed in a form of a new clip. Coming out during the pre-show of MTV Movie Awards, the video features Shailene Woodley's Hazel having a chat with Ansel Elgort's Gus. Things quickly go downhill when he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth.
"Really?" the irritated girl scolds him. "You just ruined this whole thing." But he then explains, "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them. You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor."
Directed by Josh Boone, the story is based on John Green's bestselling novel of the same title. It follows Hazel, a cancer patient, who falls in love with a guy she met at a support group. Due in the U.S. on June 6, it is supported by Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe among others.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'