'The Fault in Our Stars' Clip Explains Cigarette as Metaphor
New footage from "The Fault in Our Stars" was unleashed in a form of a new clip. Coming out during the pre-show of MTV Movie Awards, the video features Shailene Woodley's Hazel having a chat with Ansel Elgort's Gus. Things quickly go downhill when he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth.
"Really?" the irritated girl scolds him. "You just ruined this whole thing." But he then explains, "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them. You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor."
Directed by Josh Boone, the story is based on John Green's bestselling novel of the same title. It follows Hazel, a cancer patient, who falls in love with a guy she met at a support group. Due in the U.S. on June 6, it is supported by Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe among others.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl