'The Fault in Our Stars' Clip Explains Cigarette as Metaphor
New footage from "The Fault in Our Stars" was unleashed in a form of a new clip. Coming out during the pre-show of MTV Movie Awards, the video features Shailene Woodley's Hazel having a chat with Ansel Elgort's Gus. Things quickly go downhill when he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth.
"Really?" the irritated girl scolds him. "You just ruined this whole thing." But he then explains, "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them. You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth but you never give it the power to kill you. A metaphor."
Directed by Josh Boone, the story is based on John Green's bestselling novel of the same title. It follows Hazel, a cancer patient, who falls in love with a guy she met at a support group. Due in the U.S. on June 6, it is supported by Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammell, and Willem Dafoe among others.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'