Miley Cyrus Gives Up New Dog: 'It's Just Too Soon for Me'
Miley Cyrus has given her new pet Moonie to a family friend. The former Disney star talked about her decision to give the dog to someone in a Twitter post over the weekend, saying that she was not ready to have a new dog after her beloved pet Floyd died earlier this month.
"Moonie, thank you for giving me so much love, comfort, & peace. It's just to soon for me right now #missingmoonie," she wrote on Sunday. When asked about the animal's whereabouts, Cyrus replied, "My friends mom who has a tiny pup [for] him [to] play with."
"After wht happened Im scared [to] have a tiny dog," she added. According to a dancer from "Bangerz" tour, Floyd was killed by a coyote. Fans then assured her that the dog would be happy in the new place, to which she answered, "[And] SAFE! That's the most important part of loving a puppy. They depend on you."
Cyrus had a hard time after her beloved pooch Floyd unexpectedly died earlier this month. "Today is the 2nd worst day of my life," she wrote on April 1. "I don't wanna say it because I don't want it to be real... But my precious baby Floyd has passed away. I am broken. I know I don't mean it but I wish he would've taken me with him. This is unbearable. What am I gonna do without him? I am miserable."
The performer's mother Tish Cyrus then gave her Moonie to cheer her up. "My mama knew my heart was broken & this morning I woke up to Moonie kisses," she wrote two days later. "No one could ever replace my baby Floyd but this precious angel is lendin me some fur to cry on along with my other babies."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival