Miley Cyrus Gives Up New Dog: 'It's Just Too Soon for Me'
Miley Cyrus has given her new pet Moonie to a family friend. The former Disney star talked about her decision to give the dog to someone in a Twitter post over the weekend, saying that she was not ready to have a new dog after her beloved pet Floyd died earlier this month.
"Moonie, thank you for giving me so much love, comfort, & peace. It's just to soon for me right now #missingmoonie," she wrote on Sunday. When asked about the animal's whereabouts, Cyrus replied, "My friends mom who has a tiny pup [for] him [to] play with."
"After wht happened Im scared [to] have a tiny dog," she added. According to a dancer from "Bangerz" tour, Floyd was killed by a coyote. Fans then assured her that the dog would be happy in the new place, to which she answered, "[And] SAFE! That's the most important part of loving a puppy. They depend on you."
Cyrus had a hard time after her beloved pooch Floyd unexpectedly died earlier this month. "Today is the 2nd worst day of my life," she wrote on April 1. "I don't wanna say it because I don't want it to be real... But my precious baby Floyd has passed away. I am broken. I know I don't mean it but I wish he would've taken me with him. This is unbearable. What am I gonna do without him? I am miserable."
The performer's mother Tish Cyrus then gave her Moonie to cheer her up. "My mama knew my heart was broken & this morning I woke up to Moonie kisses," she wrote two days later. "No one could ever replace my baby Floyd but this precious angel is lendin me some fur to cry on along with my other babies."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding