Lana Del Rey Previews New Single 'West Coast' During Las Vegas Gig
Lana Del Rey gave fans the first listen to her new single "West Coast" during her recent show at The Chelsea in Las Vegas. Before playing the track, the singer asked the crowd if she should really sing it. She later decided to treat them with a snippet of the song.
"Just up to the chorus? No?" she said. "I'll just sing you a little bit of the verse without the band." Del Rey then sang the chorus, "Down in the West Coast, they got a saying/ 'If you're not drinking, then you're not playing'/ But you've got the music in you, don't you?/ Down on the West Coast, I get this feeling/ Like it all could happen/ That's why I'm leaving you."
"West Coast" will be premiered on Monday, April 14 on Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 show, according to a Guardian journalist. The track serves as the lead single off the 27-year-old singer's upcoming album, "Ultraviolence".
The release date for the follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die" is currently still kept under wrap. Del Rey has been working with The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach for her forthcoming studio set.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now