Lana Del Rey Previews New Single 'West Coast' During Las Vegas Gig
Lana Del Rey gave fans the first listen to her new single "West Coast" during her recent show at The Chelsea in Las Vegas. Before playing the track, the singer asked the crowd if she should really sing it. She later decided to treat them with a snippet of the song.
"Just up to the chorus? No?" she said. "I'll just sing you a little bit of the verse without the band." Del Rey then sang the chorus, "Down in the West Coast, they got a saying/ 'If you're not drinking, then you're not playing'/ But you've got the music in you, don't you?/ Down on the West Coast, I get this feeling/ Like it all could happen/ That's why I'm leaving you."
"West Coast" will be premiered on Monday, April 14 on Fearne Cotton's Radio 1 show, according to a Guardian journalist. The track serves as the lead single off the 27-year-old singer's upcoming album, "Ultraviolence".
The release date for the follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die" is currently still kept under wrap. Del Rey has been working with The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach for her forthcoming studio set.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie