Ed Sheeran Performs 'Sing' and Debuts New Song 'Don't' on 'SNL'
Ed Sheeran was the musical guest in the Saturday, April 12 episode of "Saturday Night Live". During his appearance on the NBC comedy show, the British redhead performed two tracks off his highly-anticipated new album "X" (read "Multiply").
He kicked off his set with the live rendition of "Sing", the record's lead single which was released earlier this month. He played his acoustic guitar as he sang the the up-tempo track that was produced by Grammy Award-winning hitmaker Pharrell Williams.
The 23-year-old crooner later returned to the stage to debut a new track titled "Don't". The song, co-produced by Rick Rubin and Benny Blanco, features the singer talking about his ex-girlfriend who cheats on him with his close friend. Fans believe that the track was written with fellow British artist Ellie Goulding in mind.
"X" marks Sheeran's second studio effort, following up 2011's "+". It's scheduled to be released on June 23.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics