MTV Movie Awards 2014: Rihanna, Jared Leto, and Jonah Hill Among Early Winners
The 23rd annual MTV Movie Awards kicked off Sunday night, April 13 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles with Conan O'Brien as a host. The first awards of the night were announced on the red carpet before the show officially begins. Rihanna won Best Cameo for her brief appearance in "This Is the End".
Will Poulter took home "Best Breakthrough Performance" for his role in "We're the Millers". He also received Best Kiss along with co-stars Emma Roberts and Jennifer Aniston. Best Musical Moment went to Backstreet Boys, Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen, and Craig Robinson for their performance in "This Is the End". Band members Brian Littrell and A.J. McLean received the award on the red carpet.
Meanwhile, the first winner at the main gala was Jared Leto. The 30 Seconds to Mars rocker was feted for having the Best On-Screen Transformation for his role as a transgender in "Dallas Buyers Club". He received the prize from Lupita Nyong'o and endorsed HIV/AIDS research in his speech.
"A Million Ways to Die in the West" stars Amanda Seyfried and Seth MacFarlane next took the stage to announce Jonah Hill as the winner of Best Comedic Performance. He gave a shout-out to his "The Wolf of Wall Street" co-star Leonardo DiCaprio and his "This Is the End" buddies.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna