Details on Nick Carter's Sunset Wedding to Lauren Kitt
Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter is officially married despite saying last year that he'd never be. The 34-year-old singer tied the knot to actress and fitness guru Lauren Kitt on Saturday, April 12 at the Bacara Resort and Spa in Santa Barbara.
The ceremony took place over the sunset on an altar overlooking the ocean. The couple exchanged handwritten vows underneath an arch made of white roses and hydrangeas. "Lauren reached out and put her hand on his chest," a source told Us Weekly of the emotional affair. And when they exchanged rings, "Lauren held Nick's hand and dried tears from her eyes."
They kissed several times after being pronounced husband and wife. "At the end of the ceremony they shared the longest wedding kiss I've ever seen. A full minute later they were still kissing. They seem crazy in love and thrilled to be married. You could feel the love bursting out of them," an eyewitness told Us.
Around 100 guests including Carter's bandmates A.J. McLean, Brian Littrell and Howie Dorough were then ushered into a ballroom for dinner and dance. Unfortunately Aaron Carter, the groom's brother, did not make it to the wedding. "Aaron signed a contract to appear at the Cherry Blossom parade in D.C. before Nick's wedding date was announced," Aaron's rep Steve Honig told People. "[We] realized there was a problem and figured out he could perform and get him to Santa Barbara so he would be there for the last two hours of the reception."
Aaron's plane was grounded due to mechanical problems. "Tickets were purchased and the plan was in place. It was a major operation to get him there in time, Aaron didn't blow anything off and would have been there - it's a real bummer for him. He feels bad he missed the wedding," the rep explained.
The bride was wearing a strapless gown with mermaid tail while the groom wore a custom tux by Anthony Franco Designs. McLean's daughter Ava was the flower girl. The nuptials took place a little over a year after Carter popped the question with a 7-carat pear-shaped diamond in the Florida Keys.
More Nick Carter News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media