Jenny McCarthy Refuses Being Labeled 'Anti-Vaccine'
Jenny McCarthy refused to be called an "anti-vaccine," saying she's in the gray area. The "The View" co-host wrote in a Chicago Sun-Times column published on Saturday, April 12 that she wouldn't change her controversial anti-vaccination stance but wouldn't support it loudly either.
"I am not 'anti-vaccine,' " McCarthy wrote. "This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, 'pro-vaccine' and for years I have been wrongly branded as 'anti-vaccine.' "
She continued, "My beautiful son, Evan, inspired this mother to question the 'one size fits all' philosophy of the recommended vaccine schedule." Her 11-year-old son Evan has autism. "For my child, I asked for a schedule that would allow one shot per visit instead of the multiple shots they were and still are giving infants," she said.
The 41-year-old went on, "I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I've never told anyone to not vaccinate. Should a child with the flu receive six vaccines in one doctor visit? Should a child with a compromised immune system be treated the same way as a robust, healthy child? Shouldn't a child with a family history of vaccine reactions have a different plan? Or at least the right to ask questions?"
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge