Robert Downey Jr. Joins Twitter and Instantly Attracts Followers
The Twitterverse welcomes Robert Downey Jr. The "Iron Man" star has officially joined the microblogging site and has written "You know who I am" as his bio.
His first ever tweet came on Friday, April 11 when he posted a picture of him holding a sign bearing his verified name on Twitter. He captioned, "Talk to me, Twitter." The actor instantly got 18,000 plus followers and the number kept going up at fast pace. Among his celebrity followers are Jimmy Kimmel and Ryan Seacrest.
The actor later got an endorsement from his "Chef" director Jon Favreau who tweeted, "You wanted him, you got him. Ladies and gentlemen, give a big #FF to @RobertDowneyJr#chef. Show him some love!" Downey Jr. replied, "@Jon_Favreau thx for the intro."
He also took the time to thank the people who were willing to know what he's got to say, adding he's still confused on how to use the character limit. "Loving all the love, folks. It's been a blast. Though can somebody please explain how anyone can keep their thoughts to 140 characters or le...," he wrote.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences