Minnie Driver Quits Twitter Over 'Mean' Comments
Minnie Driver reveals that she is a victim of cyber-bullying. The actress announced on Wednesday, April 9 that she quit Twitter over "mean" comments about her bikini body, thinking that it's not worth it to have an account.
Driver was a subject of ridicule for her recent vacation photos in which she played in the pool and walking across the beach with 5-year-old son Henry while wearing printed bikini. "God some people are horrible," she tweeted to her 81,000-plus followers. "You try being photographed when you don't know it's happening, when you're on holiday with your kids."
The 44-year-old actress added, "I'm out of this Twittersphere for a while. It's too mean sometimes, about your body , about your soul. Not worth it."
Ironically, it was just last week that she told ABC News that she was "mad" in a good way about Twitter. She said, "It's where I get my news from these days. As a celebrity, it's having a forum where you can answer the nonsensical rubbish that is written about you or not engage with that. It's given a little bit of control back, I love it."
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'