Minnie Driver Quits Twitter Over 'Mean' Comments
Minnie Driver reveals that she is a victim of cyber-bullying. The actress announced on Wednesday, April 9 that she quit Twitter over "mean" comments about her bikini body, thinking that it's not worth it to have an account.
Driver was a subject of ridicule for her recent vacation photos in which she played in the pool and walking across the beach with 5-year-old son Henry while wearing printed bikini. "God some people are horrible," she tweeted to her 81,000-plus followers. "You try being photographed when you don't know it's happening, when you're on holiday with your kids."
The 44-year-old actress added, "I'm out of this Twittersphere for a while. It's too mean sometimes, about your body , about your soul. Not worth it."
Ironically, it was just last week that she told ABC News that she was "mad" in a good way about Twitter. She said, "It's where I get my news from these days. As a celebrity, it's having a forum where you can answer the nonsensical rubbish that is written about you or not engage with that. It's given a little bit of control back, I love it."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo