Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'The World Is Not Enough'
Asher Roth released a music video for "The World Is Not Enough". It is some leftover track that never made it to his 2009 debut album "Asleep in the Bread Aisle" and won't make it in his upcoming studio album "RetroHash".
Roth depicts violence that is happening around the world, including Syria, in both his video and the song's lyric. Directed by Rik Cordero, the video opens with a police force trying to contain protesters with huge jet of water before moving on to war scenes. Roth spits out his political message while sitting alone in a room.
"It's hard to ignore what's happening all over the world," Asher Roth said. "The recent events in Venezuela and Ukraine have captured my attention and I hope others share my passion for justice and peace. The uprisings are intense. Intimidating. Inspiring. I was very happy to learn Rik was drawn to my words in 'The World Is Not Enough' and helped produce a timely piece that will in the very least create awareness."
"RetroHash" will be released on April 22 and is already available for pre-order on iTunes.
Asher Roth's "The World Is Not Enough" music video
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story