Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'The World Is Not Enough'
Asher Roth released a music video for "The World Is Not Enough". It is some leftover track that never made it to his 2009 debut album "Asleep in the Bread Aisle" and won't make it in his upcoming studio album "RetroHash".
Roth depicts violence that is happening around the world, including Syria, in both his video and the song's lyric. Directed by Rik Cordero, the video opens with a police force trying to contain protesters with huge jet of water before moving on to war scenes. Roth spits out his political message while sitting alone in a room.
"It's hard to ignore what's happening all over the world," Asher Roth said. "The recent events in Venezuela and Ukraine have captured my attention and I hope others share my passion for justice and peace. The uprisings are intense. Intimidating. Inspiring. I was very happy to learn Rik was drawn to my words in 'The World Is Not Enough' and helped produce a timely piece that will in the very least create awareness."
"RetroHash" will be released on April 22 and is already available for pre-order on iTunes.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences