Sony's Release Schedule Reveals Penelope Cruz Joins 'Bond 24'
Despite denial, rumor that Penelope Cruz, 39, will join the next James Bond movie re-surfaces. According to Premiere magazine, Sony's latest release schedule update shows the wife of "Skyfall" villain Javier Bardem among the cast of "Bond 24".
The role which Cruz is playing is still unknown, but when the casting rumor first emerged last summer, she was linked to play the leading lady. If the rumor is true, she will be the first Spanish and the oldest it girl in Bond history.
The film is due Stateside on November 6, 2015. Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan return for the "Skyfall" sequel, while Daniel Craig is back as the 007 spy agent. "12 Years a Slave" star Chiwetel Ejiofor is eyed to play the villain.
Ralph Fiennes is confirmed to reprise his role as James Bond's new boss after Judi Dench's character met her demise in the last movie. Naomie Harris (Eve Moneypenny) and Ben Whishaw (Q) are expected to return as well.
Aside from the Bond girl, producers are also looking for an actress to play "a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond." There's rumor that Swedish actresses Ida Engvoll and Disa Ostrand have tested for the movie.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding