Sony's Release Schedule Reveals Penelope Cruz Joins 'Bond 24'
Despite denial, rumor that Penelope Cruz, 39, will join the next James Bond movie re-surfaces. According to Premiere magazine, Sony's latest release schedule update shows the wife of "Skyfall" villain Javier Bardem among the cast of "Bond 24".
The role which Cruz is playing is still unknown, but when the casting rumor first emerged last summer, she was linked to play the leading lady. If the rumor is true, she will be the first Spanish and the oldest it girl in Bond history.
The film is due Stateside on November 6, 2015. Director Sam Mendes and screenwriter John Logan return for the "Skyfall" sequel, while Daniel Craig is back as the 007 spy agent. "12 Years a Slave" star Chiwetel Ejiofor is eyed to play the villain.
Ralph Fiennes is confirmed to reprise his role as James Bond's new boss after Judi Dench's character met her demise in the last movie. Naomie Harris (Eve Moneypenny) and Ben Whishaw (Q) are expected to return as well.
Aside from the Bond girl, producers are also looking for an actress to play "a Scandinavian with a troubled past who will serve as a brief love interest for Bond." There's rumor that Swedish actresses Ida Engvoll and Disa Ostrand have tested for the movie.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival