TNT Greenlights 'The Librarians' Series, Noah Wyle Will Recur
TNT has ordered "The Librarians" series based on "The Librarian" movie franchise. The network gives a greelight to the project after all producing deals were closed and a cast was in place, with Rebecca Romijn in lead role.
The Mystique in the first three "X-Men" movies will portray Eve Baird, a sexy counter-terrorism agent who's in charge of protecting group of extra special librarians. The librarians, selected by Noah Wyle's Flynn, live beneath the Metropolitan Public Library in New York and travel the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic.
Wyle, who starred in the TV movie trilogy, will reprise his role in a recurring capacity and executive produce the 10-episode series. Original cast members Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin will also return, while Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim and John Larroquette take on other new roles.
" 'The Librarian' movies have been a huge success for TNT, and we jumped at the opportunity to build a series around the incredible world Dean Devlin and his creative partners created," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. "We're especially excited to have such an extraordinary cast behind The Librarians, and we're grateful to have them on board as part of TNT's continued expansion into the action-adventure genre."
No premiere date is set for the new show yet, but it's expected to air in late 2014.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.