TNT Greenlights 'The Librarians' Series, Noah Wyle Will Recur
TNT has ordered "The Librarians" series based on "The Librarian" movie franchise. The network gives a greelight to the project after all producing deals were closed and a cast was in place, with Rebecca Romijn in lead role.
The Mystique in the first three "X-Men" movies will portray Eve Baird, a sexy counter-terrorism agent who's in charge of protecting group of extra special librarians. The librarians, selected by Noah Wyle's Flynn, live beneath the Metropolitan Public Library in New York and travel the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic.
Wyle, who starred in the TV movie trilogy, will reprise his role in a recurring capacity and executive produce the 10-episode series. Original cast members Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin will also return, while Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim and John Larroquette take on other new roles.
" 'The Librarian' movies have been a huge success for TNT, and we jumped at the opportunity to build a series around the incredible world Dean Devlin and his creative partners created," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. "We're especially excited to have such an extraordinary cast behind The Librarians, and we're grateful to have them on board as part of TNT's continued expansion into the action-adventure genre."
No premiere date is set for the new show yet, but it's expected to air in late 2014.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival