TNT Greenlights 'The Librarians' Series, Noah Wyle Will Recur
TNT has ordered "The Librarians" series based on "The Librarian" movie franchise. The network gives a greelight to the project after all producing deals were closed and a cast was in place, with Rebecca Romijn in lead role.
The Mystique in the first three "X-Men" movies will portray Eve Baird, a sexy counter-terrorism agent who's in charge of protecting group of extra special librarians. The librarians, selected by Noah Wyle's Flynn, live beneath the Metropolitan Public Library in New York and travel the world investigating strange occurrences, battling ancient conspiracies and protecting the innocent from the dangerous, secret world of magic.
Wyle, who starred in the TV movie trilogy, will reprise his role in a recurring capacity and executive produce the 10-episode series. Original cast members Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin will also return, while Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim and John Larroquette take on other new roles.
" 'The Librarian' movies have been a huge success for TNT, and we jumped at the opportunity to build a series around the incredible world Dean Devlin and his creative partners created," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. "We're especially excited to have such an extraordinary cast behind The Librarians, and we're grateful to have them on board as part of TNT's continued expansion into the action-adventure genre."
No premiere date is set for the new show yet, but it's expected to air in late 2014.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4