Jeff Wadlow to Rewrite 'Masters of the Universe'
Rumor surrounding "Masters of the Universe" director is clarified. "Kick-Ass 2" helmer Jeff Widlow was previously rumored by Schmoes Know to direct the He-Man movie, but now The Hollywood Reporter notes that he is actually tapped to rewrite the script.
No director is attached to the project, but Widlow could possibly serve behind the lens as well since he's shortlisted along with Harald Zwart ("The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones") and Mike Cahill ("Another Earth"). "The Lego Movie" editor Chris McKay was also in the mix, but he later got promoted to direct "The Lego Movie 2".
"Masters of the Universe" was previously scripted by Terry Rossio ("The Lone Ranger", "Pirates of the Caribbean"). Jon M. Chu was initially set to direct, but he exited the adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toyland to work on the big screen take on "Jem and the Holograms".
The He-Man tale follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton