Jeff Wadlow to Rewrite 'Masters of the Universe'
Rumor surrounding "Masters of the Universe" director is clarified. "Kick-Ass 2" helmer Jeff Widlow was previously rumored by Schmoes Know to direct the He-Man movie, but now The Hollywood Reporter notes that he is actually tapped to rewrite the script.
No director is attached to the project, but Widlow could possibly serve behind the lens as well since he's shortlisted along with Harald Zwart ("The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones") and Mike Cahill ("Another Earth"). "The Lego Movie" editor Chris McKay was also in the mix, but he later got promoted to direct "The Lego Movie 2".
"Masters of the Universe" was previously scripted by Terry Rossio ("The Lone Ranger", "Pirates of the Caribbean"). Jon M. Chu was initially set to direct, but he exited the adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toyland to work on the big screen take on "Jem and the Holograms".
The He-Man tale follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up