Jeff Wadlow to Rewrite 'Masters of the Universe'
Rumor surrounding "Masters of the Universe" director is clarified. "Kick-Ass 2" helmer Jeff Widlow was previously rumored by Schmoes Know to direct the He-Man movie, but now The Hollywood Reporter notes that he is actually tapped to rewrite the script.
No director is attached to the project, but Widlow could possibly serve behind the lens as well since he's shortlisted along with Harald Zwart ("The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones") and Mike Cahill ("Another Earth"). "The Lego Movie" editor Chris McKay was also in the mix, but he later got promoted to direct "The Lego Movie 2".
"Masters of the Universe" was previously scripted by Terry Rossio ("The Lone Ranger", "Pirates of the Caribbean"). Jon M. Chu was initially set to direct, but he exited the adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toyland to work on the big screen take on "Jem and the Holograms".
The He-Man tale follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'