'American Idol' Results: Malaya Watson Going Home
Another female singer was sent home on "American Idol" season 13. Malaya Watson got the boot on Thursday, April 10, making her the fifth female finalist to be eliminated on the show. Now, only two girls are left against five boys in the competition.
The 16-year-old was in the bottom two along with C.J. Harris following her performance of "Through the Fire" by Chaka Khan on the Wednesday show. She was criticized by the judges for sacrificing the beginning of the song for the big notes. After learning her fate, she took the stage once again to sing "I Am Changing".
There was no musical guest performance in the latest results show. Next week, the Top 7 which includes C.J., Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Jena Irene, Alex Preston, Dexter Roberts and Sam Woolf will return to fight for the title of the next American Idol.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle