James Gunn: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Is Connected to 'Avengers 3'
James Gunn gives a hint at how "Guardians of the Galaxy" will affect Marvel Cinematic Universe. In an interview for Entertainment Weekly's latest issue, the director opens up that the movie is "definitely connected to 'The Avengers 3'."
He confirms that Thanos will be motion-capture and describes the villain as "head of the snake" in the epic story. He explains, "Thanos slaughtered [Gamora's] family and Nebula's, then raised them together as siblings. They were bio engineered to become living weapons, so he's really good at killing people."
Regarding Chris Pratt's Peter Quill or Star-Lord, the filmmaker states, "He was abducted from Earth (Missouri) at age 8 and raised in a group of thieves and smuggles called the Ravagers. He's good with the ladies and a little bit of a dick and very lucky."
In a previous interview, Michael Rooker who plays Yondu revealed his character's relationship with Star-Lord, "He went to pick him up from Earth and for some reason he decided not to take him where he was meant to go and raised him himself. He made a connection with him, and Yondu now enjoys the fact that Quill has the courage to do his own thing."
The film is due August 1 in the U.S. Zoe Saldana plays Gamora, Dave Bautista portrays Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper lends his voice to Rocket Raccoon, and Vin Diesel voices Groot. Lee Pace stars as Ronan the Accuser, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Djimon Hounsou as Korath, and Benicio Del Toro reprises his role as The Collector.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son