'X-Men' Producer Eying Mystique Solo Movie
Mystique could get her own solo film in the next "X-Men" installment. Talks to give more depth to Jennifer Lawrence's character are revealed during Entertainment Weekly's interview with producers Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
Kinberg who wrote the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" said, "I love what Jen Lawrence has done with her, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there's so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo."
Donner added, "There was a regime [at the studio] that didn't see the worth in [spin-offs], and the current people who run Fox understand, embrace it, and we're going to do right by it. I'd like to do Gambit. I'd like to do Deadpool. We'll see. There's a lot of really great characters."
Plan for Mystique spin-off is unveiled as Lawrence is coming close to wrap "The Hunger Games" franchise. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" is due November 21 this year, and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2" is slated for November 20, 2015.
Before toting bow and arrows as Katniss, the "American Hustle" actress will don blue makeup to reprise her role as Mystique in "Days of Future Past" set for May 23 release in the United States. A sequel, "X-Men: Apocalypse", will follow on May 27, 2016.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna