Selena Gomez Splits From Manager Parents and Eyes a New One
Selena Gomez has parted ways with her parents as her manager, it has been reported. The news came on the same day the "Come and Get It" singer was spotted joining ex-lover Justin Bieber for a recording session in Miami.
Gomez's mother Mandy Teefey and her stepfather Brian Teefey have managed her since the start when she got her big break on Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place". However, she decided to fire them last month because she "feels she's outgrown her parents," a source told TMZ.
There was a rumor that her parents were upset when she reunited with Bieber but family friction reportedly is not behind the managerial split. Gomez is concerned with her career direction and wanted a professional to manage her career.
E! Online reported that Gomez was looking at her options and one of them could be Katy Perry's manager Bradford Cobb.
More Selena Gomez News
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces