Selena Gomez Splits From Manager Parents and Eyes a New One
Selena Gomez has parted ways with her parents as her manager, it has been reported. The news came on the same day the "Come and Get It" singer was spotted joining ex-lover Justin Bieber for a recording session in Miami.
Gomez's mother Mandy Teefey and her stepfather Brian Teefey have managed her since the start when she got her big break on Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place". However, she decided to fire them last month because she "feels she's outgrown her parents," a source told TMZ.
There was a rumor that her parents were upset when she reunited with Bieber but family friction reportedly is not behind the managerial split. Gomez is concerned with her career direction and wanted a professional to manage her career.
E! Online reported that Gomez was looking at her options and one of them could be Katy Perry's manager Bradford Cobb.
More Selena Gomez News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake