Selena Gomez Splits From Manager Parents and Eyes a New One
Selena Gomez has parted ways with her parents as her manager, it has been reported. The news came on the same day the "Come and Get It" singer was spotted joining ex-lover Justin Bieber for a recording session in Miami.
Gomez's mother Mandy Teefey and her stepfather Brian Teefey have managed her since the start when she got her big break on Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place". However, she decided to fire them last month because she "feels she's outgrown her parents," a source told TMZ.
There was a rumor that her parents were upset when she reunited with Bieber but family friction reportedly is not behind the managerial split. Gomez is concerned with her career direction and wanted a professional to manage her career.
E! Online reported that Gomez was looking at her options and one of them could be Katy Perry's manager Bradford Cobb.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia