Lupita Nyong'o on Waiting for Oscar Announcement: It Was 'Agony'
Lupita Nyong'o graces the cover of Marie Claire's May issue. The magazine's "Fresh Faces" in Hollywood issue, which will be available on newsstands on April 22, features other actresses on the front page in addition to the "12 Years a Slave" star. In an interview for the magazine, Lupita talks about being nervous while waiting for winner announcement at the Oscars.
"I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's an internally loud moment. It's not even about the outcome; it's about the agony of the unknown. It's like waiting for test results in a hospital," she says. She then continues talking about having fun at the awards event. "I met Sidney Poitier, who has been someone I've looked up to and a blessing from afar. It was an incredible thing and something that I hold very dear to my heart," she gushes.
"It was phenomenal," the Mexican-born, Kenyan-raised actress says further. "As brilliant as it was, onward ho. I hope that I will get to work soon. In due time, what I should do next and what I want to do next will reveal themselves. I am not in the business of trying to top this year - that's virtually impossible. I'd have to be pronounced the queen of England or something."
In the interview, she also talks about fashion style. "I wasn't a follower of fashion," she shares, adding that "it was a world unknown" until she met her stylist Micaela Erlanger. "I don't dress to impress; I don't feel that pressure."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman