Lupita Nyong'o on Waiting for Oscar Announcement: It Was 'Agony'
Lupita Nyong'o graces the cover of Marie Claire's May issue. The magazine's "Fresh Faces" in Hollywood issue, which will be available on newsstands on April 22, features other actresses on the front page in addition to the "12 Years a Slave" star. In an interview for the magazine, Lupita talks about being nervous while waiting for winner announcement at the Oscars.
"I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's an internally loud moment. It's not even about the outcome; it's about the agony of the unknown. It's like waiting for test results in a hospital," she says. She then continues talking about having fun at the awards event. "I met Sidney Poitier, who has been someone I've looked up to and a blessing from afar. It was an incredible thing and something that I hold very dear to my heart," she gushes.
"It was phenomenal," the Mexican-born, Kenyan-raised actress says further. "As brilliant as it was, onward ho. I hope that I will get to work soon. In due time, what I should do next and what I want to do next will reveal themselves. I am not in the business of trying to top this year - that's virtually impossible. I'd have to be pronounced the queen of England or something."
In the interview, she also talks about fashion style. "I wasn't a follower of fashion," she shares, adding that "it was a world unknown" until she met her stylist Micaela Erlanger. "I don't dress to impress; I don't feel that pressure."
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art