Lupita Nyong'o on Waiting for Oscar Announcement: It Was 'Agony'
Lupita Nyong'o graces the cover of Marie Claire's May issue. The magazine's "Fresh Faces" in Hollywood issue, which will be available on newsstands on April 22, features other actresses on the front page in addition to the "12 Years a Slave" star. In an interview for the magazine, Lupita talks about being nervous while waiting for winner announcement at the Oscars.
"I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's an internally loud moment. It's not even about the outcome; it's about the agony of the unknown. It's like waiting for test results in a hospital," she says. She then continues talking about having fun at the awards event. "I met Sidney Poitier, who has been someone I've looked up to and a blessing from afar. It was an incredible thing and something that I hold very dear to my heart," she gushes.
"It was phenomenal," the Mexican-born, Kenyan-raised actress says further. "As brilliant as it was, onward ho. I hope that I will get to work soon. In due time, what I should do next and what I want to do next will reveal themselves. I am not in the business of trying to top this year - that's virtually impossible. I'd have to be pronounced the queen of England or something."
In the interview, she also talks about fashion style. "I wasn't a follower of fashion," she shares, adding that "it was a world unknown" until she met her stylist Micaela Erlanger. "I don't dress to impress; I don't feel that pressure."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'