Amy Poehler's 'Welcome to Sweden' Debuts Star-Studded First Promo
NBC has unleashed the first promo for its summer comedy "Welcome to Sweden". Amy Poehler, who executive produces the show along with her brother Greg Poehler, makes an appearance in the video as herself.
Will Ferrell is featured as an American guy who falls in love with a Swedish woman and learns the language to show how much he loves her. Gene Simmons is another A-lister making a cameo as one of Bruce Evans' (Greg) clients.
Largely based on Greg's life, the new show follows a celebrity accountant, Bruce, and his Swedish girlfriend who move to her native Stockholm as she accepts a prestigious banking position. With no job, friends or real clue about what he is getting himself into, Bruce is challenged to adapt to a new culture and to win over Emma's strange and very Swedish family.
Ninety percent of the half-hour comedy is set in and filmed on location in Sweden, but the dialogues are mostly in English. Greg and the writers said they had to "find the universality in comedy" so they didn't alienate viewers.
Amy and Greg said they had been keeping their eye on a prominent Swedish family, the Skarsgards. "We are heavily stalking them. They're staying a little Skars-guarded right now," the "Parks and Recreation" actress joked.
Also starring Josephine Bornebusch as Emma, as well as Lena Olin and Claes Mansson as Emma's parents, the show is set to launch Thursday, July 10 at 9/8c on NBC.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies