'Timecop' Remake Gets 'Journey 2' Writers
"Timecop" reboot moves forward with Mark and Brian Gunn. The writers of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" are booked to work in tandem to pen the screenplay for the remake of the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme time-travel action movie.
Marc Shmuger ("We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks", "The Spectacular Now") will serve as a producer. Dark Horse's Mike Richardson, who created the comics the movie was based on, will be involved in the project as an executive producer.
The original feature was directed by Peter Hyams and followed a police officer fighting a sly politician who used time travel for his career. Van Damme shared screen with Mia Sara, Ron Silver, and Gloria Reuben. It was co-produced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert.
The movie spawned a TV series which ran for nine episodes in 1997, a video game, and a direct-to-video sequel called "Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision" which starred Jason Scott Lee and Thomas Ian Griffith.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot will be "a more gritty and grounded police story with the sci-fi in the background."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard