'Timecop' Remake Gets 'Journey 2' Writers
"Timecop" reboot moves forward with Mark and Brian Gunn. The writers of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" are booked to work in tandem to pen the screenplay for the remake of the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme time-travel action movie.
Marc Shmuger ("We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks", "The Spectacular Now") will serve as a producer. Dark Horse's Mike Richardson, who created the comics the movie was based on, will be involved in the project as an executive producer.
The original feature was directed by Peter Hyams and followed a police officer fighting a sly politician who used time travel for his career. Van Damme shared screen with Mia Sara, Ron Silver, and Gloria Reuben. It was co-produced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert.
The movie spawned a TV series which ran for nine episodes in 1997, a video game, and a direct-to-video sequel called "Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision" which starred Jason Scott Lee and Thomas Ian Griffith.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot will be "a more gritty and grounded police story with the sci-fi in the background."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones