'Timecop' Remake Gets 'Journey 2' Writers
"Timecop" reboot moves forward with Mark and Brian Gunn. The writers of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" are booked to work in tandem to pen the screenplay for the remake of the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme time-travel action movie.
Marc Shmuger ("We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks", "The Spectacular Now") will serve as a producer. Dark Horse's Mike Richardson, who created the comics the movie was based on, will be involved in the project as an executive producer.
The original feature was directed by Peter Hyams and followed a police officer fighting a sly politician who used time travel for his career. Van Damme shared screen with Mia Sara, Ron Silver, and Gloria Reuben. It was co-produced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert.
The movie spawned a TV series which ran for nine episodes in 1997, a video game, and a direct-to-video sequel called "Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision" which starred Jason Scott Lee and Thomas Ian Griffith.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot will be "a more gritty and grounded police story with the sci-fi in the background."
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer