'Timecop' Remake Gets 'Journey 2' Writers
"Timecop" reboot moves forward with Mark and Brian Gunn. The writers of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" are booked to work in tandem to pen the screenplay for the remake of the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme time-travel action movie.
Marc Shmuger ("We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks", "The Spectacular Now") will serve as a producer. Dark Horse's Mike Richardson, who created the comics the movie was based on, will be involved in the project as an executive producer.
The original feature was directed by Peter Hyams and followed a police officer fighting a sly politician who used time travel for his career. Van Damme shared screen with Mia Sara, Ron Silver, and Gloria Reuben. It was co-produced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert.
The movie spawned a TV series which ran for nine episodes in 1997, a video game, and a direct-to-video sequel called "Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision" which starred Jason Scott Lee and Thomas Ian Griffith.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot will be "a more gritty and grounded police story with the sci-fi in the background."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?