'Timecop' Remake Gets 'Journey 2' Writers
"Timecop" reboot moves forward with Mark and Brian Gunn. The writers of "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" are booked to work in tandem to pen the screenplay for the remake of the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme time-travel action movie.
Marc Shmuger ("We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks", "The Spectacular Now") will serve as a producer. Dark Horse's Mike Richardson, who created the comics the movie was based on, will be involved in the project as an executive producer.
The original feature was directed by Peter Hyams and followed a police officer fighting a sly politician who used time travel for his career. Van Damme shared screen with Mia Sara, Ron Silver, and Gloria Reuben. It was co-produced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert.
The movie spawned a TV series which ran for nine episodes in 1997, a video game, and a direct-to-video sequel called "Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision" which starred Jason Scott Lee and Thomas Ian Griffith.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot will be "a more gritty and grounded police story with the sci-fi in the background."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'