Joan Jett May Front Nirvana During Performance at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Joan Jett may perform with Nirvana when the legendary band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. The speculation began after Foo Fighters, whose members include Dave Grohl, posted a photo of instruments on their Instagram earlier this week.
The image features Grohl's drumkit, Krist Novoselic's bass, Pat Smear's strat and what has been identified as Jett's Melody Maker. If Jett's participation is true, it will quash the rumor that Kurt Cobain's close friend Michael Stipe will fill in for the late frontman.
Jett and Grohl have worked together several times. The two stars collaborated on her latest album, 2013's "Unvarnished". They also presented an award together at last year's American Music Awards.
In addition to Nirvana, other 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel and The E Street Band. Courtney Love, the widow of Cobain, has confirmed that she'll attend the event with daughter Frances.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy