Joan Jett May Front Nirvana During Performance at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Joan Jett may perform with Nirvana when the legendary band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. The speculation began after Foo Fighters, whose members include Dave Grohl, posted a photo of instruments on their Instagram earlier this week.
The image features Grohl's drumkit, Krist Novoselic's bass, Pat Smear's strat and what has been identified as Jett's Melody Maker. If Jett's participation is true, it will quash the rumor that Kurt Cobain's close friend Michael Stipe will fill in for the late frontman.
Jett and Grohl have worked together several times. The two stars collaborated on her latest album, 2013's "Unvarnished". They also presented an award together at last year's American Music Awards.
In addition to Nirvana, other 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel and The E Street Band. Courtney Love, the widow of Cobain, has confirmed that she'll attend the event with daughter Frances.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby