Joan Jett May Front Nirvana During Performance at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Joan Jett may perform with Nirvana when the legendary band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. The speculation began after Foo Fighters, whose members include Dave Grohl, posted a photo of instruments on their Instagram earlier this week.
The image features Grohl's drumkit, Krist Novoselic's bass, Pat Smear's strat and what has been identified as Jett's Melody Maker. If Jett's participation is true, it will quash the rumor that Kurt Cobain's close friend Michael Stipe will fill in for the late frontman.
Jett and Grohl have worked together several times. The two stars collaborated on her latest album, 2013's "Unvarnished". They also presented an award together at last year's American Music Awards.
In addition to Nirvana, other 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel and The E Street Band. Courtney Love, the widow of Cobain, has confirmed that she'll attend the event with daughter Frances.
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'