Joan Jett May Front Nirvana During Performance at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Joan Jett may perform with Nirvana when the legendary band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. The speculation began after Foo Fighters, whose members include Dave Grohl, posted a photo of instruments on their Instagram earlier this week.
The image features Grohl's drumkit, Krist Novoselic's bass, Pat Smear's strat and what has been identified as Jett's Melody Maker. If Jett's participation is true, it will quash the rumor that Kurt Cobain's close friend Michael Stipe will fill in for the late frontman.
Jett and Grohl have worked together several times. The two stars collaborated on her latest album, 2013's "Unvarnished". They also presented an award together at last year's American Music Awards.
In addition to Nirvana, other 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel and The E Street Band. Courtney Love, the widow of Cobain, has confirmed that she'll attend the event with daughter Frances.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'