Joan Jett May Front Nirvana During Performance at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Joan Jett may perform with Nirvana when the legendary band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. The speculation began after Foo Fighters, whose members include Dave Grohl, posted a photo of instruments on their Instagram earlier this week.
The image features Grohl's drumkit, Krist Novoselic's bass, Pat Smear's strat and what has been identified as Jett's Melody Maker. If Jett's participation is true, it will quash the rumor that Kurt Cobain's close friend Michael Stipe will fill in for the late frontman.
Jett and Grohl have worked together several times. The two stars collaborated on her latest album, 2013's "Unvarnished". They also presented an award together at last year's American Music Awards.
In addition to Nirvana, other 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees include Cat Stevens, Hall & Oates, KISS, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel and The E Street Band. Courtney Love, the widow of Cobain, has confirmed that she'll attend the event with daughter Frances.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered