Former 'DWTS' Co-Host Samantha Harris Has Breast Cancer
TV personality Samantha Harris revealed in a recent interview that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Speaking to ET's Brooke Anderson, the former co-host of "Dancing with the Stars" and ET correspondent opened up about her feelings when she first found out about the scary diagnosis and her plan for treatment.
"The realization sort of overtook me, my eyes started to well up from tears when I was trying to keep myself calm because I thought the most important thing ... was that I needed to focus and listen to what they were saying ... and make sure I heard the words that they were telling me because there is a lot of information," the mother of two girls said.
"I went back for the results of the pathology and I was by myself because there was nothing to worry about or so I thought. It's not like in the movies where they sit you down across a table in their office and say, 'Well, you have cancer.' It was these wonderful surgeons [who] started drawing diagrams and talking as I was on the exam table listening to what they were saying, it dawned on me without them coming right out to say it," she continued.
Harris, who consulted three specialists after receiving the news, decided to undergo double mastectomy. "No matter how positive of a diagnosis as I have, it doesn't keep the demons of fear from taking over your mind and your thought process and thinking about the girls and thinking about [how] my dad wasn't able to walk me down the aisle. I will be here to plan my daughters weddings and they better like the dress I pick," she said of her motivation to get better.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed