Former 'DWTS' Co-Host Samantha Harris Has Breast Cancer
TV personality Samantha Harris revealed in a recent interview that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Speaking to ET's Brooke Anderson, the former co-host of "Dancing with the Stars" and ET correspondent opened up about her feelings when she first found out about the scary diagnosis and her plan for treatment.
"The realization sort of overtook me, my eyes started to well up from tears when I was trying to keep myself calm because I thought the most important thing ... was that I needed to focus and listen to what they were saying ... and make sure I heard the words that they were telling me because there is a lot of information," the mother of two girls said.
"I went back for the results of the pathology and I was by myself because there was nothing to worry about or so I thought. It's not like in the movies where they sit you down across a table in their office and say, 'Well, you have cancer.' It was these wonderful surgeons [who] started drawing diagrams and talking as I was on the exam table listening to what they were saying, it dawned on me without them coming right out to say it," she continued.
Harris, who consulted three specialists after receiving the news, decided to undergo double mastectomy. "No matter how positive of a diagnosis as I have, it doesn't keep the demons of fear from taking over your mind and your thought process and thinking about the girls and thinking about [how] my dad wasn't able to walk me down the aisle. I will be here to plan my daughters weddings and they better like the dress I pick," she said of her motivation to get better.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen