'Kick-Ass 2' Helmer Jeff Wadlow to Direct He-Man Film 'Masters of the Universe'
"Masters of the Universe" has apparently got a director. Schmoes Know reports that Jeff Wadlow, who directed "Kick-Ass 2" and produced "Non-Stop", has finalized a deal to serve behind the lens for the upcoming adaptation of the He-Man tale.
Jon M. Chu was initially attached to direct the new take on the 1980s Mattel toy land, but he later backed out of the project. The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director is now busy trying to bring classic animated series, "Jem and the Holograms", to the big screen.
After Chu's departure, Wadlow was shortlisted as a replacement along with "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" helmer Harald Zwart and "Another Earth" director Mike Cahill. "The Lego Movie" editor Chris McKay was also in the mix, but he later got promoted to direct "The Lego Movie 2".
"Masters of the Universe" is scripted by Terry Rossio, who previously wrote Hollywood's mega-budgeted flicks like "The Lone Ranger" and "Pirates of the Caribbean". The story follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer