'Kick-Ass 2' Helmer Jeff Wadlow to Direct He-Man Film 'Masters of the Universe'
"Masters of the Universe" has apparently got a director. Schmoes Know reports that Jeff Wadlow, who directed "Kick-Ass 2" and produced "Non-Stop", has finalized a deal to serve behind the lens for the upcoming adaptation of the He-Man tale.
Jon M. Chu was initially attached to direct the new take on the 1980s Mattel toy land, but he later backed out of the project. The "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" director is now busy trying to bring classic animated series, "Jem and the Holograms", to the big screen.
After Chu's departure, Wadlow was shortlisted as a replacement along with "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" helmer Harald Zwart and "Another Earth" director Mike Cahill. "The Lego Movie" editor Chris McKay was also in the mix, but he later got promoted to direct "The Lego Movie 2".
"Masters of the Universe" is scripted by Terry Rossio, who previously wrote Hollywood's mega-budgeted flicks like "The Lone Ranger" and "Pirates of the Caribbean". The story follows Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. He must defend his planet Eternia from the evil forces who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, the place that gives him his superpowers.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'