FXX to Air All Episodes of 'The Simpsons' in 12-Day Marathon
Those who haven't had a chance to watch "The Simpsons" in its early days can now binge watch the show. FXX will air all 552 episodes of the animated series in a 12-day marathon beginning August 21 through Labor Day.
The FX sister network aims for a record as "the longest continuous marathon in the history of television" with the 12-day event. "We don't care that other people had them first, we spent a lot of money and we're going to rock them," Jon Landgraf, chief executive of FX Networks, said at an upfront presentation held Wednesday, April 9 in New York.
FXX also plans a four-hour block of reruns every Sunday and will make every episode, except for the episodes of the current season airing on FOX, available on a new application that is expected to debut in coming weeks.
During the presentation, Landgraf talked about the performance of FX's "The Americans" which recently returned for its second season. "I expect we'll have a season-three announcement soon," he said.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels