FXX to Air All Episodes of 'The Simpsons' in 12-Day Marathon
Those who haven't had a chance to watch "The Simpsons" in its early days can now binge watch the show. FXX will air all 552 episodes of the animated series in a 12-day marathon beginning August 21 through Labor Day.
The FX sister network aims for a record as "the longest continuous marathon in the history of television" with the 12-day event. "We don't care that other people had them first, we spent a lot of money and we're going to rock them," Jon Landgraf, chief executive of FX Networks, said at an upfront presentation held Wednesday, April 9 in New York.
FXX also plans a four-hour block of reruns every Sunday and will make every episode, except for the episodes of the current season airing on FOX, available on a new application that is expected to debut in coming weeks.
During the presentation, Landgraf talked about the performance of FX's "The Americans" which recently returned for its second season. "I expect we'll have a season-three announcement soon," he said.
More The Simpsons News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes