FXX to Air All Episodes of 'The Simpsons' in 12-Day Marathon
Those who haven't had a chance to watch "The Simpsons" in its early days can now binge watch the show. FXX will air all 552 episodes of the animated series in a 12-day marathon beginning August 21 through Labor Day.
The FX sister network aims for a record as "the longest continuous marathon in the history of television" with the 12-day event. "We don't care that other people had them first, we spent a lot of money and we're going to rock them," Jon Landgraf, chief executive of FX Networks, said at an upfront presentation held Wednesday, April 9 in New York.
FXX also plans a four-hour block of reruns every Sunday and will make every episode, except for the episodes of the current season airing on FOX, available on a new application that is expected to debut in coming weeks.
During the presentation, Landgraf talked about the performance of FX's "The Americans" which recently returned for its second season. "I expect we'll have a season-three announcement soon," he said.
More The Simpsons News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics