FXX to Air All Episodes of 'The Simpsons' in 12-Day Marathon
Those who haven't had a chance to watch "The Simpsons" in its early days can now binge watch the show. FXX will air all 552 episodes of the animated series in a 12-day marathon beginning August 21 through Labor Day.
The FX sister network aims for a record as "the longest continuous marathon in the history of television" with the 12-day event. "We don't care that other people had them first, we spent a lot of money and we're going to rock them," Jon Landgraf, chief executive of FX Networks, said at an upfront presentation held Wednesday, April 9 in New York.
FXX also plans a four-hour block of reruns every Sunday and will make every episode, except for the episodes of the current season airing on FOX, available on a new application that is expected to debut in coming weeks.
During the presentation, Landgraf talked about the performance of FX's "The Americans" which recently returned for its second season. "I expect we'll have a season-three announcement soon," he said.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza