Zach Braff's Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here' Gets Teaser Trailer
"Wish I Was Here" releases a teaser trailer ahead of its U.S. theatrical release on July 25. It features Zach Braff as a struggling actor, father, and husband trying to find the purpose of his life at the age of 35. He opts for homeschooling his two children after no longer being able to pay for private school.
Set against "Simple Song" by The Shins, the video opens with his character, Aiden Bloom, taking his kids to purchase a wig. It seems that he finds himself at major crossroads and juggles his real and imaginative lives. One scene shows him getting punched in the face and another sees him as a galactic explorer.
Braff directed and co-wrote the film with his brother Adam J. Braff. It's his first feature film directorial gig since 2004's "Garden State" which got numerous nods including WGA for Best Original Screenplay. It was crowd-funded through Kickstarter, successfully collecting over $3 million from fans.
Kate Hudson, Joey King, Josh Gad, and Ashley Greene are among the cast.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!