Zach Braff's Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here' Gets Teaser Trailer
"Wish I Was Here" releases a teaser trailer ahead of its U.S. theatrical release on July 25. It features Zach Braff as a struggling actor, father, and husband trying to find the purpose of his life at the age of 35. He opts for homeschooling his two children after no longer being able to pay for private school.
Set against "Simple Song" by The Shins, the video opens with his character, Aiden Bloom, taking his kids to purchase a wig. It seems that he finds himself at major crossroads and juggles his real and imaginative lives. One scene shows him getting punched in the face and another sees him as a galactic explorer.
Braff directed and co-wrote the film with his brother Adam J. Braff. It's his first feature film directorial gig since 2004's "Garden State" which got numerous nods including WGA for Best Original Screenplay. It was crowd-funded through Kickstarter, successfully collecting over $3 million from fans.
Kate Hudson, Joey King, Josh Gad, and Ashley Greene are among the cast.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift