Zach Braff's Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here' Gets Teaser Trailer
"Wish I Was Here" releases a teaser trailer ahead of its U.S. theatrical release on July 25. It features Zach Braff as a struggling actor, father, and husband trying to find the purpose of his life at the age of 35. He opts for homeschooling his two children after no longer being able to pay for private school.
Set against "Simple Song" by The Shins, the video opens with his character, Aiden Bloom, taking his kids to purchase a wig. It seems that he finds himself at major crossroads and juggles his real and imaginative lives. One scene shows him getting punched in the face and another sees him as a galactic explorer.
Braff directed and co-wrote the film with his brother Adam J. Braff. It's his first feature film directorial gig since 2004's "Garden State" which got numerous nods including WGA for Best Original Screenplay. It was crowd-funded through Kickstarter, successfully collecting over $3 million from fans.
Kate Hudson, Joey King, Josh Gad, and Ashley Greene are among the cast.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington