Zach Braff's Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here' Gets Teaser Trailer
"Wish I Was Here" releases a teaser trailer ahead of its U.S. theatrical release on July 25. It features Zach Braff as a struggling actor, father, and husband trying to find the purpose of his life at the age of 35. He opts for homeschooling his two children after no longer being able to pay for private school.
Set against "Simple Song" by The Shins, the video opens with his character, Aiden Bloom, taking his kids to purchase a wig. It seems that he finds himself at major crossroads and juggles his real and imaginative lives. One scene shows him getting punched in the face and another sees him as a galactic explorer.
Braff directed and co-wrote the film with his brother Adam J. Braff. It's his first feature film directorial gig since 2004's "Garden State" which got numerous nods including WGA for Best Original Screenplay. It was crowd-funded through Kickstarter, successfully collecting over $3 million from fans.
Kate Hudson, Joey King, Josh Gad, and Ashley Greene are among the cast.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels