Zach Braff's Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here' Gets Teaser Trailer
"Wish I Was Here" releases a teaser trailer ahead of its U.S. theatrical release on July 25. It features Zach Braff as a struggling actor, father, and husband trying to find the purpose of his life at the age of 35. He opts for homeschooling his two children after no longer being able to pay for private school.
Set against "Simple Song" by The Shins, the video opens with his character, Aiden Bloom, taking his kids to purchase a wig. It seems that he finds himself at major crossroads and juggles his real and imaginative lives. One scene shows him getting punched in the face and another sees him as a galactic explorer.
Braff directed and co-wrote the film with his brother Adam J. Braff. It's his first feature film directorial gig since 2004's "Garden State" which got numerous nods including WGA for Best Original Screenplay. It was crowd-funded through Kickstarter, successfully collecting over $3 million from fans.
Kate Hudson, Joey King, Josh Gad, and Ashley Greene are among the cast.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion