Big Sean Calls Off Engagement to Naya Rivera Amid Thievery Accusation
Things were shaping up for Naya Rivera earlier this year, but she is now a step back from getting married. The "Glee" star has to stop the wedding plan because fiance Big Sean has called off their engagement.
"After careful thought and much consideration, Sean has made the difficult decision to call the wedding off," a representative of Sean told People. "The recent rumors and accusations reported by so-called or fake sources are simply untrue. Sean wishes Naya nothing but the best and it is still his hope that they can continue to work through their issues privately. We will not be commenting again on this matter."
Rivera and Sean's engagement was confirmed in October last year. She was seen without the big engagement ring when attending the Marie Claire Fresh Faces event in Los Angeles on Tuesday, April 8 night.
The "accusations" that Sean was mentioning in his statement refers to Rivera's tweet about thievery. "@bigsean stealing rolexes from a lady's house now. Maybe cuz I'm on Glee and making more or something #triflin," she tweeted on Wednesday but quickly deleted it. According to TMZ, Sean gave it to her to wear but it was never hers to keep.
TMZ also reported that cheating rumors were bogus and Sean made the decision to call off the engagement weeks ago. Sources said Rivera was too controlling and jealous of the women he worked with and met on tour.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences