Stars Paid Tribute to WWE Legend The Ultimate Warrior
Wrestling legend The Ultimate Warrior died on Tuesday, April 8 just three days after he was inducted to WWE Hall of Fame. The former wrestler, whose real name was James Brian Hellwig, was 54.
"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," a statement from WWE read. "...Warrior is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters." The cause of his death is not yet revealed.
It was a shocking death to many. "We are grateful just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior's family, friends and fans," the statement continued.
Pro wrestlers have sent their condolences through Twitter. "Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters," Triple H wrote. Daniel Bryan tweeted, "Heartbroken. My sincerest condolences go out to The Warrior's family." Hulk Hogan wrote, "RIP WARRIOR. only love."
"We are all so sad that the Ultimate Warrior has passed away," WWE chairman Vince McMahon tweeted. Meanwhile, Stephanie McMahon, WWE's chief brand officer, wrote, "Your strength of character is to be admired. There will never be anyone like you. Your spirit lives on in your family."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie