Amy Poehler to Join Tina Fey in New Comedy 'The Nest'
Funny duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are to star opposite each other in Universal's comedy "The Nest". It has been reported that Poehler is in final negotiations to star in the project which will be directed by Jason Moore of "Pitch Perfect".
Fey and Poehler have co-starred in 2004's "Mean Girls" and 2008's "Baby Mama", and recently co-hosted the Golden Globes together. They will portray sisters in the film that Fey has developed together with Universal based on the original idea by screenwriter Paula Pell.
The 30-something sisters are devastated to learn that their parents have put their childhood home up for sale. The siblings decide to spend one last wild weekend where they grew up together.
Production will start in June in New York. Erik Baiers and Chloe Yellin are overseeing "The Nest" for Universal. Poehler will also executive produce.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch