'The Voice' Recap: Blake Shelton Cuts Two Singers as the Playoffs Begin
"The Voice" season 6 has kicked off the Playoffs with Blake Shelton becoming the first coach to pick his Top 3 singers. Unlike season 4 and 5, in this round singers from each team will perform in front of the coach, who will later eliminate two artists from his/her team.
Audra McLaughlin delivered a powerful performance of "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride. Usher praised her for making it seem "effortless." Adam Levine called it "spectacular" but wanted to see an "unleashed beast" in her performances.
Ryan Whyte Maloney got emotional when singing "Second Chance" by Shinedown. Usher said it was a breakout performance for Ryan and Blake agreed, making it more difficult for him to pick.
After Madilyn Paige sang "Clarity" by Zedd feat. Foxes, her former coach Usher said that she's getting closer to being a more well-rounded artist. Shakira liked the timbre of her voice, and Adam advised her to be more loosened up. Blake said he's happy to use his steal on her.
Jake Worthington covered "Anywhere with You" by Jake Owen. Usher emphasized the need of more confidence so that others would believe that Jake's great, while Blake said his performance was solid.
Sisaundra Lewis showed off her big voice during a rendition of "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel. She blew away the coaches, with Shakira calling her elegant and inspiring. Adam praised her technical skill.
In the end, Blake chose to go to the live shows with Sisaundra, Audra and Jake, meaning that Ryan and Madilyn got eliminated.
The Playoffs will continue next week with a two-hour episode on Monday, April 14 and a one-hour show on April 15.
More The Voice News
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?