Video: Carrie Underwood Debuts New Song 'Keep Us Safe' at ACM Salute the Troops Event
Carrie Underwood debuted a new song when she performed during "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops" which was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Monday, April 7. Gracing the stage in a beautiful white dress, the country crooner gave fans the first listen to a track called "Keep Us Safe".
Featuring lyrics like "God, keep us safe on our way/ Keep our eyes on the heavens," the moving ballad was especially co-written by Underwood, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Shane McAnally for the Monday event.
According to reports, the song will not be featured in her new album, which is currently in the works, but it will be released on iTunes next month.
"ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops", which honors the men and women of the armed forces, will also be broadcast on the CBS Network on May 20. The event included performances by other country stars like Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum and Florida Georgia Line.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics