Video: Carrie Underwood Debuts New Song 'Keep Us Safe' at ACM Salute the Troops Event
Carrie Underwood debuted a new song when she performed during "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops" which was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Monday, April 7. Gracing the stage in a beautiful white dress, the country crooner gave fans the first listen to a track called "Keep Us Safe".
Featuring lyrics like "God, keep us safe on our way/ Keep our eyes on the heavens," the moving ballad was especially co-written by Underwood, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Shane McAnally for the Monday event.
According to reports, the song will not be featured in her new album, which is currently in the works, but it will be released on iTunes next month.
"ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops", which honors the men and women of the armed forces, will also be broadcast on the CBS Network on May 20. The event included performances by other country stars like Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum and Florida Georgia Line.
More Carrie Underwood News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris