Video: Carrie Underwood Debuts New Song 'Keep Us Safe' at ACM Salute the Troops Event
Carrie Underwood debuted a new song when she performed during "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops" which was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Monday, April 7. Gracing the stage in a beautiful white dress, the country crooner gave fans the first listen to a track called "Keep Us Safe".
Featuring lyrics like "God, keep us safe on our way/ Keep our eyes on the heavens," the moving ballad was especially co-written by Underwood, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Shane McAnally for the Monday event.
According to reports, the song will not be featured in her new album, which is currently in the works, but it will be released on iTunes next month.
"ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to The Troops", which honors the men and women of the armed forces, will also be broadcast on the CBS Network on May 20. The event included performances by other country stars like Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum and Florida Georgia Line.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says