Miley Cyrus: I Thought I Would Die Without Liam Hemsworth
Miley Cyrus graces the cover of Elle magazine's May "Women in Music" issue. On the front page, the former "Hannah Montana" star can be seen wearing a sequinned ensemble by Marc Jacobs from his fall/winter 2014/2015 collection. "#ElleYeah @ELLEmagazine @MarcJacobsIntl," Cyrus commented on the magazine cover on Twitter.
In the interview for the spread, Cyrus talks about being a Disney star, break-up from Liam Hemsworth and fans among others. "You know, I'm really thankful that I started on Disney. I got the most intense training," she shares. "There's times where I wish I could have just started as a new artist, but the world has kind of allowed me to do that."
"I feel really lucky - a lot of kid stars get all crazy or stuck in what they were, so they can't actually become what they're meant to be," she continues. "When I went through a really intense breakup - you know, I was engaged - and when I was with him or when I was on Disney, the thing that gave me the most anxiety was not knowing what to do with myself when Disney wasn't there to carry me anymore or if I didn't have him. And now I'm free of both of those things, and I'm fine. Like, I lay in bed at night by myself and I'm totally okay, and that's so much stronger than the person three years ago, who would have thought they would have died if they didn't have a boyfriend."
Cyrus then goes on explaining what she thinks of her fans. "I have guys and girls that come out, and they're like, 'The only reason I'm able to admit that I'm gay is because you've made me feel like that's okay.' That is so intense, because that is a part of this generation - it wasn't always accepted - and I feel like I am a big part of that change. Or they know that I've struggled with depression, and that helped them get over theirs. That gives me a big purpose - a reason to wake up in the morning that's bigger than to put on my f**king feathers and my little outfits," she says.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special