Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin to Make Broadway Debut With 'This Is Our Youth'
Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin are set to bring Kenneth Lonergan's 1996 play "This Is Our Youth" to the Great White Way. They are joined by fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson who plays the leading lady. It will be the first Broadway show for all three.
"This Is Our Youth" is a comedy about age-college friends. Set in 1982 at the beginning of the Reagan Era, it takes place over two days at Dennis' Upper West Side apartment. Along with his friend Warren, he plans a dangerous drug-selling business to return the money Warren's stole from his estranged father and to attract the attention of his crush.
The play debuted off-Broadway in 1996 with Mark Ruffalo and Josh Hamilton among the cast. It also played in London with Matt Damon, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Anna Paquin in the line-up. Cera and Culkin previously played Warren and Dennis respectively in a Sidney staging.
The new adaptation will be produced by Scott Rudin and directed by Tony winner Anna D. Shapiro. It will feature original music by Rostam Batmanglij of the band Vampire Weekend. It will be staged at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre Company first from June 10 to July 27 before getting preview on August 18 on Broadway for a September 11 opening.
"Arrested Development" star Cera and "Igby Goes Down" actor Culkin previously shared screen in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Meanwhile, Gevinson made her debut on the big screen in romantic dramedy "Enough Said".
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper