Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin to Make Broadway Debut With 'This Is Our Youth'
Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin are set to bring Kenneth Lonergan's 1996 play "This Is Our Youth" to the Great White Way. They are joined by fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson who plays the leading lady. It will be the first Broadway show for all three.
"This Is Our Youth" is a comedy about age-college friends. Set in 1982 at the beginning of the Reagan Era, it takes place over two days at Dennis' Upper West Side apartment. Along with his friend Warren, he plans a dangerous drug-selling business to return the money Warren's stole from his estranged father and to attract the attention of his crush.
The play debuted off-Broadway in 1996 with Mark Ruffalo and Josh Hamilton among the cast. It also played in London with Matt Damon, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Anna Paquin in the line-up. Cera and Culkin previously played Warren and Dennis respectively in a Sidney staging.
The new adaptation will be produced by Scott Rudin and directed by Tony winner Anna D. Shapiro. It will feature original music by Rostam Batmanglij of the band Vampire Weekend. It will be staged at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre Company first from June 10 to July 27 before getting preview on August 18 on Broadway for a September 11 opening.
"Arrested Development" star Cera and "Igby Goes Down" actor Culkin previously shared screen in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Meanwhile, Gevinson made her debut on the big screen in romantic dramedy "Enough Said".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked