Imagine Dragons Cancels Festival Date to Work on Sophomore Album
Imagine Dragons is no longer expected to play Spain's Bilbao BBK Live which will take place over the weekend of July 10 to July 12. The Las Vegas-based rock band has decided to cancel the upcoming gig so they can work on their second album.
They have apologized to fans in a statement issued earlier this week. "We are incredibly sorry to be canceling this show. We had an amazing time playing in Spain last year, and we were excited to be coming back to see you all once again. Unfortunately, it will have to wait just a little longer," they wrote.
"We have to head back to the US due to scheduling issues with the second album. We are working with the festival to figure out how to make it up to you as soon as possible. We'll let you know when we work it out - hope to see you all very soon," they added.
Despite the Grammy Award-winning band's absence, the festival will still be big as Franz Ferdinand, Foster the People and The Black Keys have all been added to its line-up.
Imagine Dragons' new album will serve as the follow-up to their massively successful 2012 debut album, "Night Visions". Supported by hits like "It's Time", "Radioactive" and "Demons", the record peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular