Imagine Dragons Cancels Festival Date to Work on Sophomore Album
Imagine Dragons is no longer expected to play Spain's Bilbao BBK Live which will take place over the weekend of July 10 to July 12. The Las Vegas-based rock band has decided to cancel the upcoming gig so they can work on their second album.
They have apologized to fans in a statement issued earlier this week. "We are incredibly sorry to be canceling this show. We had an amazing time playing in Spain last year, and we were excited to be coming back to see you all once again. Unfortunately, it will have to wait just a little longer," they wrote.
"We have to head back to the US due to scheduling issues with the second album. We are working with the festival to figure out how to make it up to you as soon as possible. We'll let you know when we work it out - hope to see you all very soon," they added.
Despite the Grammy Award-winning band's absence, the festival will still be big as Franz Ferdinand, Foster the People and The Black Keys have all been added to its line-up.
Imagine Dragons' new album will serve as the follow-up to their massively successful 2012 debut album, "Night Visions". Supported by hits like "It's Time", "Radioactive" and "Demons", the record peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200.
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies