Imagine Dragons Cancels Festival Date to Work on Sophomore Album
Imagine Dragons is no longer expected to play Spain's Bilbao BBK Live which will take place over the weekend of July 10 to July 12. The Las Vegas-based rock band has decided to cancel the upcoming gig so they can work on their second album.
They have apologized to fans in a statement issued earlier this week. "We are incredibly sorry to be canceling this show. We had an amazing time playing in Spain last year, and we were excited to be coming back to see you all once again. Unfortunately, it will have to wait just a little longer," they wrote.
"We have to head back to the US due to scheduling issues with the second album. We are working with the festival to figure out how to make it up to you as soon as possible. We'll let you know when we work it out - hope to see you all very soon," they added.
Despite the Grammy Award-winning band's absence, the festival will still be big as Franz Ferdinand, Foster the People and The Black Keys have all been added to its line-up.
Imagine Dragons' new album will serve as the follow-up to their massively successful 2012 debut album, "Night Visions". Supported by hits like "It's Time", "Radioactive" and "Demons", the record peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester