Imagine Dragons Cancels Festival Date to Work on Sophomore Album
Imagine Dragons is no longer expected to play Spain's Bilbao BBK Live which will take place over the weekend of July 10 to July 12. The Las Vegas-based rock band has decided to cancel the upcoming gig so they can work on their second album.
They have apologized to fans in a statement issued earlier this week. "We are incredibly sorry to be canceling this show. We had an amazing time playing in Spain last year, and we were excited to be coming back to see you all once again. Unfortunately, it will have to wait just a little longer," they wrote.
"We have to head back to the US due to scheduling issues with the second album. We are working with the festival to figure out how to make it up to you as soon as possible. We'll let you know when we work it out - hope to see you all very soon," they added.
Despite the Grammy Award-winning band's absence, the festival will still be big as Franz Ferdinand, Foster the People and The Black Keys have all been added to its line-up.
Imagine Dragons' new album will serve as the follow-up to their massively successful 2012 debut album, "Night Visions". Supported by hits like "It's Time", "Radioactive" and "Demons", the record peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200.
More Imagine Dragons News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince