Disney Eying Gorilla Movie From Children's Book 'One and Only Ivan'
Disney is looking to adapt "The One and Only Ivan", a children's book written by Katherine Applegate. Allison Shearmur, one of the producers for the Mouse House's upcoming live-action movie "Cinderella", is on board to produce the book adaptation.
The story centers on a gorilla named Ivan who lives in a shopping mall along with an elephant named Stella and a stray dog called Bob. He's always content with his life until a baby elephant is brought in and makes him change the way he sees the mall they live in.
Released in 2011 and illustrated by Patricia Castelao, the book is based on the true story of a gorilla named Ivan who spent 27 years in a Washington mall before being transferred to the Atlanta Zoo. The book received many awards including Newberry Medal.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group