Tom Ford Reveals He's Married to Partner Richard Buckley
Tom Ford has married his longtime partner Richard Buckley in a private ceremony. As reported by WWD, the designer broke the news during a conversation with British writer Lady Kinvara Balfour at London's Regent Street Apple store on Monday night, April 7. "We are now married, which is nice. I know that was just made legal in the U.K., which is great. We were married in the States," Ford said.
Ford and his journalist partner met in the 1980s. "I went to a fashion show and this silver-haired guy was staring at me with these piercing water-blue eyes. It scared me because I absolutely saw and knew my entire future," Ford said of meeting Buckley in 2012.
During the event, Ford additionally talked about their son Alexander. "He lays [his toys] out, it's so genius. He's so organized. I don't know where it came from," he said with a laugh. Ford added that he needed to change his habit at home because of the little boy's nanny. "I can't come downstairs naked and have a bowl of cereal in the morning, so I get dressed," he said. "Before I had a child, I literally took off all my clothes the minute I walked in the door and that was that."
The 52-year-old designer continued explaining that he only carried his phone to keep an eye on his son at home. "There is an app [on which] I can watch my son sleep at night so, if I'm out to dinner, I can watch if he's sleeping fine. That's the only reason I carry it around," he explained.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'