Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez Debut 2014 World Cup Song 'We Are One'
Pitbull dropped "We Are One (Ole-Ola)", the official song for 2014 FIFA World Cup, on Tuesday, April 8. The upbeat and highly-danceable multilingual track also features guest vocals from Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte.
"One love, one life, one world/ One fight, whole world, one night, one place/ Brazil, everybody put your flags in the sky and do what you feel," Pitbull sings before telling everyone, "Put your flags up in the sky/ And wave them side to side/ Show the world where you're from/ Show the world we are one."
"We Are One" was announced back in January. "I'm honored to join Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte at the FIFA World Cup to bring the world together," Pitbull, who wrote and produced the track, said during the announcement. "I truly believe that this great game and the power of music will help unify us, because we are best when we are one."
He will perform the song with Lopez and Leitte during the soccer tournament's opening ceremony on June 12 in Sao Paulo. The three singers recently reunited to shoot a music video for their collaboration in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. The full visuals is expected to be released later this month.
"We Are One" will be featured in "One Love, One Rhythm", the World Cup album which will also feature contributions from Carlos Santana, Wyclef Jean and Avicii among others.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival