'Glee' Books Shirley MacLaine as Guest Star
Shirley MacLaine has landed another recurring role on small screen. The Martha Levinson of "Downton Abbey" is billed for a multi-episode arc on "Glee" to portray a New York socialite intent on turning Blaine into a superstar.
The Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress will first appear in an episode slated to air later this month. TVLine has obtained a behind-the-scenes picture of MacLaine and Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, practicing their musical number.
"Glee" airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on FOX. In next week's episode titled "Tested", when the boys get tested for STDs, Artie tests positive for a disease and he's forced to tell his sexual partners. Meanwhile, Kurt and Blaine have relationship issues when Blaine puts on his "freshman fifteen."
A preview for the said outing hints that Blaine has body image issue. Mercedes gets some sex advice from Rachel, while Sam proposes an all-guys New York City abstinence club which his friends are objecting to.
"Glee" season 5 order has recently been cut from 22 to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season.
"Glee" 5.16 Preview:
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage