'Glee' Books Shirley MacLaine as Guest Star
Shirley MacLaine has landed another recurring role on small screen. The Martha Levinson of "Downton Abbey" is billed for a multi-episode arc on "Glee" to portray a New York socialite intent on turning Blaine into a superstar.
The Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress will first appear in an episode slated to air later this month. TVLine has obtained a behind-the-scenes picture of MacLaine and Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, practicing their musical number.
"Glee" airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on FOX. In next week's episode titled "Tested", when the boys get tested for STDs, Artie tests positive for a disease and he's forced to tell his sexual partners. Meanwhile, Kurt and Blaine have relationship issues when Blaine puts on his "freshman fifteen."
A preview for the said outing hints that Blaine has body image issue. Mercedes gets some sex advice from Rachel, while Sam proposes an all-guys New York City abstinence club which his friends are objecting to.
"Glee" season 5 order has recently been cut from 22 to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season.
"Glee" 5.16 Preview:
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby