'Glee' Books Shirley MacLaine as Guest Star
Shirley MacLaine has landed another recurring role on small screen. The Martha Levinson of "Downton Abbey" is billed for a multi-episode arc on "Glee" to portray a New York socialite intent on turning Blaine into a superstar.
The Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress will first appear in an episode slated to air later this month. TVLine has obtained a behind-the-scenes picture of MacLaine and Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, practicing their musical number.
"Glee" airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on FOX. In next week's episode titled "Tested", when the boys get tested for STDs, Artie tests positive for a disease and he's forced to tell his sexual partners. Meanwhile, Kurt and Blaine have relationship issues when Blaine puts on his "freshman fifteen."
A preview for the said outing hints that Blaine has body image issue. Mercedes gets some sex advice from Rachel, while Sam proposes an all-guys New York City abstinence club which his friends are objecting to.
"Glee" season 5 order has recently been cut from 22 to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season.
"Glee" 5.16 Preview:
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal