'Glee' Books Shirley MacLaine as Guest Star
Shirley MacLaine has landed another recurring role on small screen. The Martha Levinson of "Downton Abbey" is billed for a multi-episode arc on "Glee" to portray a New York socialite intent on turning Blaine into a superstar.
The Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress will first appear in an episode slated to air later this month. TVLine has obtained a behind-the-scenes picture of MacLaine and Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, practicing their musical number.
"Glee" airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on FOX. In next week's episode titled "Tested", when the boys get tested for STDs, Artie tests positive for a disease and he's forced to tell his sexual partners. Meanwhile, Kurt and Blaine have relationship issues when Blaine puts on his "freshman fifteen."
A preview for the said outing hints that Blaine has body image issue. Mercedes gets some sex advice from Rachel, while Sam proposes an all-guys New York City abstinence club which his friends are objecting to.
"Glee" season 5 order has recently been cut from 22 to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season.
"Glee" 5.16 Preview:
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet