'Glee' Books Shirley MacLaine as Guest Star
Shirley MacLaine has landed another recurring role on small screen. The Martha Levinson of "Downton Abbey" is billed for a multi-episode arc on "Glee" to portray a New York socialite intent on turning Blaine into a superstar.
The Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning actress will first appear in an episode slated to air later this month. TVLine has obtained a behind-the-scenes picture of MacLaine and Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, practicing their musical number.
"Glee" airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on FOX. In next week's episode titled "Tested", when the boys get tested for STDs, Artie tests positive for a disease and he's forced to tell his sexual partners. Meanwhile, Kurt and Blaine have relationship issues when Blaine puts on his "freshman fifteen."
A preview for the said outing hints that Blaine has body image issue. Mercedes gets some sex advice from Rachel, while Sam proposes an all-guys New York City abstinence club which his friends are objecting to.
"Glee" season 5 order has recently been cut from 22 to 20 as a result of a production hiatus at the start of the season.
"Glee" 5.16 Preview:
More Glee News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered