Archie Will Be Killed Off in Upcoming Comic Book
Beloved comic book character Archie Andrews will die in an upcoming issue. Archie Comics announced on Tuesday, April 8 that the redhead would be killed off. Details of the death are not available, but the story will be covered in "Life With Archie" #36 which will be released on July 16.
"We've been building up to this moment since we launched 'Life With Archie' five years ago, and knew that any book that was telling the story of Archie's life as an adult had to also show his final moment," Archie Comics Publisher and Co-CEO Jon Goldwater said in a statement.
"Archie has and always will represent the best in all of us - he's a hero, good-hearted, humble and inherently honorable. This story is going to inspire a wide range of reactions because we all feel so close to Archie. Fans will laugh, cry, jump off the edge of their seats and hopefully understand why this comic will go down as one of the most important moments in Archie's entire history. It's the biggest story we've ever done, and we're supremely proud of it," the statement continued.
Goldwater additionally talked about killing off the character in an interview with CNN. When asked why the character is killed, Goldwater explained, "I think it's the natural conclusion to the 'Life With Archie' series," adding that "he dies saving the life of a friend."
"We want to not only show how Archie's life ends, but also what he means to the world around him. We want to celebrate his life. After the events of 'Life With Archie' #36, fans will leap forward a year to see the aftermath, and how his friends have moved on since his surprising death," Goldwater said of what his team wanted to accomplish with the storyline.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival