Paris Hilton Sues Shoe Company for Owing Her Royalties
Paris Hilton did not get the money she was promised for and therefore launched a lawsuit. The socialite named New York-based Antebi Footwear Group in her breach-of-contract lawsuit which was filed in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday, April 8.
Hilton made a deal with Anteby in 2009 allowing them to use her name to sell high-end women's heels. Her company Paris Hilton Entertainment designed the Paris Hilton Footwear collection of stilettos, flats, wedges and other footwear for the company. She is now suing the shoe company for $1 million plus, alleging she was promised $720,000 minimum in royalties but has received only half of it.
Per NY Post, the suit said, "This lawsuit emanates from Antebi's unlawful attempt to reap millions of dollars in profits from exploiting the lucrative brand of international celebrity Paris Hilton without paying compensation it agreed to pay for its license."
"Although there is no dispute that Antebi owes substantial sums under its agreement, Antebi refuses to pay, and now outrageously attempts to justify its conduct by fabricating its claims that PHE prejudiced its contract rights."
She is also seeking a court order to terminate the licensing agreement, which runs through this year.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri