Paris Hilton Sues Shoe Company for Owing Her Royalties
Paris Hilton did not get the money she was promised for and therefore launched a lawsuit. The socialite named New York-based Antebi Footwear Group in her breach-of-contract lawsuit which was filed in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday, April 8.
Hilton made a deal with Anteby in 2009 allowing them to use her name to sell high-end women's heels. Her company Paris Hilton Entertainment designed the Paris Hilton Footwear collection of stilettos, flats, wedges and other footwear for the company. She is now suing the shoe company for $1 million plus, alleging she was promised $720,000 minimum in royalties but has received only half of it.
Per NY Post, the suit said, "This lawsuit emanates from Antebi's unlawful attempt to reap millions of dollars in profits from exploiting the lucrative brand of international celebrity Paris Hilton without paying compensation it agreed to pay for its license."
"Although there is no dispute that Antebi owes substantial sums under its agreement, Antebi refuses to pay, and now outrageously attempts to justify its conduct by fabricating its claims that PHE prejudiced its contract rights."
She is also seeking a court order to terminate the licensing agreement, which runs through this year.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017