Kirsten Dunst Angers Feminists With Gender Role Comments
Kirsten Dunst's opinion did not sit well with the feminists. The "Marie Antoinette" star was making comments on gender roles in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar U.K. and she chose to be traditional.
"I feel like the feminine has been a little undervalued," she told the magazine. "We all have to get our own jobs and make our own money, but staying at home, nurturing, being the mother, cooking - it's a valuable thing my mom created."
The 31-year-old actress continued, "And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armour. I'm sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That's how relationships work."
Her comments set the social media ablaze with anger. "Kirsten Dunst is not paid to write gender theory so it shouldn't surprise anyone that she's kind of dumb about it," Erin Gloria Ryan at Jezebel.com wrote. Meanwhile, Stacey Ritzen at Uproxx slammed Dunst for apparently suggesting "women should know their place is in the home."
Dunst has been dating Garrett Hedlund since 2012.
More Kirsten Dunst News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch