Rascall Flatts' Vocalist Admits to Lip Syncing 'Rewind' During ACM Performance
Rascal Flatts' performance at the Academy of Country Music Awards disappointed fans. Some spectators quickly noticed that lead vocalist Gary LeVox wasn't really singing during the event which took place in Las Vegas on Sunday night, April 6.
Now, the country trio has publicly admitted that they did lip-sync their song "Rewind" at the awards show. They told TMZ that LeVox had played many shows before the ACMs and subsequently lost his voice last week.
They didn't want to cancel their scheduled appearance, so they decided to go ahead and lip sync. "We've never done it before, and we're obviously not very good at it," the group explained their ruined performance.
Rascal Flatts is currently gearing up for their upcoming "Rewind" tour, which is set to be kicked off in St. Louis just days after the release of their "Rewind" album on May 13. The tour will be brought to other North American cities before being wrapped up in Detroit in September.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says