Rascall Flatts' Vocalist Admits to Lip Syncing 'Rewind' During ACM Performance
Rascal Flatts' performance at the Academy of Country Music Awards disappointed fans. Some spectators quickly noticed that lead vocalist Gary LeVox wasn't really singing during the event which took place in Las Vegas on Sunday night, April 6.
Now, the country trio has publicly admitted that they did lip-sync their song "Rewind" at the awards show. They told TMZ that LeVox had played many shows before the ACMs and subsequently lost his voice last week.
They didn't want to cancel their scheduled appearance, so they decided to go ahead and lip sync. "We've never done it before, and we're obviously not very good at it," the group explained their ruined performance.
Rascal Flatts is currently gearing up for their upcoming "Rewind" tour, which is set to be kicked off in St. Louis just days after the release of their "Rewind" album on May 13. The tour will be brought to other North American cities before being wrapped up in Detroit in September.
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece