Nicki Minaj Drops Lil Herb-Featured 'Chi-Raq'
Nicki Minaj has enlisted Chicago rapper Lil Herb for her new track called "Chi-Raq". The song, which was posted on the femcee's SoundCloud page on Monday, April 7, was co-produced by Boi-1da, Vinylz and Allen Ritter.
In it, Minaj makes references to several things including her recent controversy. "Malcolm X's daughter came at me/ Lookin ass ni**as ain't happy," she raps. She also hints that she may unveil a new song every week until her new album, "The Pink Print", comes out.
"I always got a trick up my sleeve/ I might give you a new trick every week until this album drops... I don't know, I figured they wanted some more," she says.
"The Pink Print" is expected to be released later this year. Cash Money Records' boss Birdman recently revealed in an interview with Billboard that the follow-up to Minaj's 2012 set "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" would be the raptress' best album yet.
"You hear a lot of growth in her music. She's coming confident and hard. We expect for this to be one of the biggest [albums] from her," he said. "It's more rap. This album is going to have a little bit of everything but more rap."
More Nicki Minaj News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards