Neil Patrick Harris Responds to David Letterman's Possible Replacement Rumor
After David Letterman announced his retirement plan last week, there has been a lot of speculations on who will replace him. One of the rumored candidates is Neil Patrick Harris, who recently wrapped up his stint as Barney on CBS' "How I Met Your Mother". During a press conference with Senator Chuck Schumer and other Broadway stars on the benefits of potential new theater tax breaks, he addressed the swirling reports.
"I'm super focused on 'Hedwig' at the moment, so that hasn't even been a conversation at all," said the Patrick Winslow of "The Smurfs" movies who currently stars in Broadway's "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" when asked about the possibility of him taking over the "Late Show".
He didn't rule it out though, saying, "But I'm a big fan of CBS and Les [Moonves, CBS chief], so who knows?" Asked if he thought the late-night gig would be "fun," the 40-year-old actor said, "It would be an asinine amount of work."
When a reporter asked whether "Late Show" should relocate to California as Los Angles Mayor Eric Garcetti has urged Moonves in a written letter to move locations, Schumer interrupted, "Well, I'll answer that." He said, "I think that we saw with NBC how great it is to have the shows be in New York and that's why they're flocking back here," urging "the mayor, governor and all of us in the congressional delegation to do everything we can to keep Letterman in New York."
Amy Schumer, who turns out to be Sen. Schumer's second cousin, is among the possible replacement for Letterman as well. Asked if he's rooting for her, the politician jokingly responded, "Let's stay within the family."
Chelsea Handler, who is also named as a candidate to replace Letterman, is reportedly in talks with CBS about the job. Other possible contenders include Stephen Colbert, Ellen DeGeneres and Tina Fey.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene