Ed Sheeran Debuts New Track 'Sing'
Ed Sheeran's anticipated new single, "Sing", has finally arrived. Premiering on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show on Monday, April 7, the up-tempo R&B-tinged jam was produced by one of the hottest hitmakers in music industry right now, Pharrell Williams.
"Sing" has different vibes from Sheeran's previous records. The Justin Timberlake's "Like I Love You"-esque track features the British redhead showing off his vocals and an impressive falsetto over the catchy guitar melody and slapping drums.
The new song arrives as the first single off the 23-year-old star's forthcoming album, ""X" (read "Multiply"). "The reason I chose this song to be the first single is, I think if I put out an acoustic ballad first, everyone would be like 'ehh, it's alright,' " he told radio host Lowe.
"But with this, you get people who are either going to love it or going to hate it, but at least they're going to be talking about it," he continued.
He went on talking about working with Pharrell for the track. " 'Sing' was a session I did with Pharrell and he sat me down and played me a lot of things... He is soul. Even when he speaks he sounds soulful. The way he moves his neck when he's dancing, it's all soulful," he said.
"X" is slated to be released on June 23 via Atlantic Record. In addition to Pharrell, the follow-up to Sheeran's 2011's debut album "+" will include contributions from Rick Rubin and Jake Gosling.
More Ed Sheeran News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit