'Transcendence' Writer Jack Paglen to Pen 'Battlestar Galactica' Movie
"Battlestar Galactica" movie is still happening despite being in development hell for years. Variety reports Universal is now moving forward with the film by hiring "Transcendence" scribe Jack Paglen, who is also attached to pen "Prometheus" sequel, to write the screenplay.
The "Battlestar Galactica" story follows humans battling a race of intelligent robots called Cylons while searching for Earth. It spawned miniseries and TV movies. The original 1970s sci-fi series was created by Glen Larson and was then revived in a new series by Ron Moore.
Bryan Singer was initially attached to direct the feature film and produce it along with Larson when it was first announced in 2009. Back in 2012, Singer said of the possible storyline, "It will exist, I think, quite well between the Glen Larson and Ron Moore universes."
It's unclear if Singer is still on board for the project, but he has since moved on directing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" slated for a May 23 release in the United States. He will also return as a helmer for "X-Men: Apocalypse" scheduled for a May 27, 2016 release.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna