'Transcendence' Writer Jack Paglen to Pen 'Battlestar Galactica' Movie
"Battlestar Galactica" movie is still happening despite being in development hell for years. Variety reports Universal is now moving forward with the film by hiring "Transcendence" scribe Jack Paglen, who is also attached to pen "Prometheus" sequel, to write the screenplay.
The "Battlestar Galactica" story follows humans battling a race of intelligent robots called Cylons while searching for Earth. It spawned miniseries and TV movies. The original 1970s sci-fi series was created by Glen Larson and was then revived in a new series by Ron Moore.
Bryan Singer was initially attached to direct the feature film and produce it along with Larson when it was first announced in 2009. Back in 2012, Singer said of the possible storyline, "It will exist, I think, quite well between the Glen Larson and Ron Moore universes."
It's unclear if Singer is still on board for the project, but he has since moved on directing "X-Men: Days of Future Past" slated for a May 23 release in the United States. He will also return as a helmer for "X-Men: Apocalypse" scheduled for a May 27, 2016 release.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'