Selena Gomez Stalker Charged With Felony Stalking
A persistent man who was arrested at Selena Gomez's house in late March has been charged again after he was busted near her property for the second time a few days later. According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, the man called Che Cruz has been charged with one felony count of stalking and one misdemeanor count of violation of a court protection order.
The 20-year-old Cruz pleaded not guilty to the charges on Monday, April 7 and his bail was set at $160,000. Cruz may spend up to 4 years in jail if convicted. His next court appearance is scheduled for April 17.
Cruz at first was arrested on March 30 at Gomez's property in Calabasas when the 21-year-old pop star was reportedly at home. Officers who responded to the report later found him at Gomez's house guest.
Following the arrest, he pleaded no contest to unauthorized entry of a dwelling house and was sentenced to 45 days in jail and three years of probation. He additionally was ordered to stay away from the singer's property and prohibited from possessing any weapons.
A few days later Cruz was released from prison and he was arrested again hours later near her house. He was seen jumping the fence before his Friday, April 4 arrest.
More Selena Gomez News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt