Coldplay Releases 'Magic' Music Video Starring Zhang Ziyi
Coldplay has unveiled the music video for their single "Magic". Shot in silent film style by Grammy-winning director Jonas Akerlund, the black-and-white clip stars "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" actress Zhang Ziyi.
She plays a beautiful magician who's married to Claude, an abusive and wicked man portrayed by Chris Martin. The newly-single frontman also plays Christophe, Cecile's assistant who's clearly in love with her.
At the end of the five-minute clip, Christophe manages to get rid of Cecile's husband using a magic trick that he's just learned.
"Magic" was first debuted during the band's performance at SXSW in early March. The track was later officially released as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories", Coldplay's upcoming album that's scheduled to hit the stores on May 19 through Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The record, which has also been preceded by a track called "Midnight", marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy Award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
Coldplay's "Magic" music video
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered