Coldplay Releases 'Magic' Music Video Starring Zhang Ziyi
Coldplay has unveiled the music video for their single "Magic". Shot in silent film style by Grammy-winning director Jonas Akerlund, the black-and-white clip stars "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" actress Zhang Ziyi.
She plays a beautiful magician who's married to Claude, an abusive and wicked man portrayed by Chris Martin. The newly-single frontman also plays Christophe, Cecile's assistant who's clearly in love with her.
At the end of the five-minute clip, Christophe manages to get rid of Cecile's husband using a magic trick that he's just learned.
"Magic" was first debuted during the band's performance at SXSW in early March. The track was later officially released as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories", Coldplay's upcoming album that's scheduled to hit the stores on May 19 through Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The record, which has also been preceded by a track called "Midnight", marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy Award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake