Coldplay Releases 'Magic' Music Video Starring Zhang Ziyi
Coldplay has unveiled the music video for their single "Magic". Shot in silent film style by Grammy-winning director Jonas Akerlund, the black-and-white clip stars "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" actress Zhang Ziyi.
She plays a beautiful magician who's married to Claude, an abusive and wicked man portrayed by Chris Martin. The newly-single frontman also plays Christophe, Cecile's assistant who's clearly in love with her.
At the end of the five-minute clip, Christophe manages to get rid of Cecile's husband using a magic trick that he's just learned.
"Magic" was first debuted during the band's performance at SXSW in early March. The track was later officially released as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories", Coldplay's upcoming album that's scheduled to hit the stores on May 19 through Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The record, which has also been preceded by a track called "Midnight", marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy Award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
More Coldplay News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says