Coldplay Releases 'Magic' Music Video Starring Zhang Ziyi
Coldplay has unveiled the music video for their single "Magic". Shot in silent film style by Grammy-winning director Jonas Akerlund, the black-and-white clip stars "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" actress Zhang Ziyi.
She plays a beautiful magician who's married to Claude, an abusive and wicked man portrayed by Chris Martin. The newly-single frontman also plays Christophe, Cecile's assistant who's clearly in love with her.
At the end of the five-minute clip, Christophe manages to get rid of Cecile's husband using a magic trick that he's just learned.
"Magic" was first debuted during the band's performance at SXSW in early March. The track was later officially released as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories", Coldplay's upcoming album that's scheduled to hit the stores on May 19 through Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The record, which has also been preceded by a track called "Midnight", marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy Award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
More Coldplay News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'