Coldplay Releases 'Magic' Music Video Starring Zhang Ziyi
Coldplay has unveiled the music video for their single "Magic". Shot in silent film style by Grammy-winning director Jonas Akerlund, the black-and-white clip stars "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" actress Zhang Ziyi.
She plays a beautiful magician who's married to Claude, an abusive and wicked man portrayed by Chris Martin. The newly-single frontman also plays Christophe, Cecile's assistant who's clearly in love with her.
At the end of the five-minute clip, Christophe manages to get rid of Cecile's husband using a magic trick that he's just learned.
"Magic" was first debuted during the band's performance at SXSW in early March. The track was later officially released as the first proper single off "Ghost Stories", Coldplay's upcoming album that's scheduled to hit the stores on May 19 through Parlophone/Atlantic Records.
The record, which has also been preceded by a track called "Midnight", marks Coldplay's sixth studio effort. It comes as the follow-up to their 2011 Grammy Award-nominated album "Mylo Xyloto".
Coldplay's "Magic" music video
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt