'Cabin in the Woods' Helmer Drew Goddard to Direct 'Sinister Six'
"The Sinister Six" has apparently got a helmer. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the Spider-Man spin-off that will bring together the biggest villains in Spidey's universe will be directed by Drew Goddard who also wrote the screenplay.
When Goddard was first tapped as a writer for "Sinister Six", there was speculation that he might serve behind the lens as well. Now it seems those plans fall into place, as "The Cabin in the Woods" helmer is nearing a deal to sit at the helm.
Another Spidey spin-off, "Venom (2017)", is also in the works. Alex Kurtzman is attached to direct and work with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon to pen the script. Sony's chief, Amy Pascal, once said they expanded the franchise so that they could have a Spidey movie every year.
In the meantime, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is due May 2. It will be followed by "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" on June 10, 2016 and the fourth one on May 4, 2018. The second movie, which has Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti), is set up as an introduction to The Sinister Six.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her