'Cabin in the Woods' Helmer Drew Goddard to Direct 'Sinister Six'
"The Sinister Six" has apparently got a helmer. The Hollywood Reporter learns that the Spider-Man spin-off that will bring together the biggest villains in Spidey's universe will be directed by Drew Goddard who also wrote the screenplay.
When Goddard was first tapped as a writer for "Sinister Six", there was speculation that he might serve behind the lens as well. Now it seems those plans fall into place, as "The Cabin in the Woods" helmer is nearing a deal to sit at the helm.
Another Spidey spin-off, "Venom (2017)", is also in the works. Alex Kurtzman is attached to direct and work with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon to pen the script. Sony's chief, Amy Pascal, once said they expanded the franchise so that they could have a Spidey movie every year.
In the meantime, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is due May 2. It will be followed by "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" on June 10, 2016 and the fourth one on May 4, 2018. The second movie, which has Electro (Jamie Foxx), Goblin (Dane DeHaan), and The Rhino (Paul Giamatti), is set up as an introduction to The Sinister Six.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!