A and E Renews 'Bates Motel' for Season 3
Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are staying in "Bates Motel" for another year. A&E has renewed its sophomore thriller series for a third season, which is expected to air sometime in 2015.
"The incredible writing team and talented 'Bates Motel' cast has made this series one of the most compelling original dramas on television," says A&E EVP and general manager David McKillop. "The brilliant twists and turns of the past two seasons keep its loyal fan base coming back for more. We are so proud of the show."
Season to date, the show has averaged a total of 4.6 million viewers and 2.6 million adults in the 18-49 demo. It becomes the network's top drama to date in the key demo.
The "Psycho" prequel series airs Mondays at 10 P.M. ET after initially debuting in the 9 P.M. slot of Monday nights. New series "Those Who Kill" starring Chloe Sevigny, which was paired with "Bates Motel", failed to take advantage from its lead-in, being yanked from the network's schedule after two low-rated airings and moved to sibling network LMN.
"Bates Motel" 2.07 preview:
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs